Englander NC30 Dimensions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbreland55

Jan 28, 2011
Southeast
Can someone with an Englander NC-30 give me all the dimensions of the stove

web site says 23 1/4"w x 29 3/4" h x 31" d

would you verify this footprint ?

I also need to know where the 6" flue opening is on this foot print

i tried to attach a sketch but don't know if its gonna make it.

I want to see if my hearth is big enough for the NC-30?

also want to know if this stove likes N/S loading and what length log will fit N/S

had my mind made up on a Buck model 81, but this things firebox is so much bigger and at least 1/2 the price ???
Buck 2.4 cu ft. 3.5 on the NC-30
any suggestions?

Attachments

• nc30 footprint.jpg
    nc30 footprint.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 712
Come on guys, no takers on this.

I though all you people were so proud of your englanders you just had to talk about them.
If I can't get any help I'm gonna have to go with the Buck.

James

don't know if you got answers to this elsewhere, but I'll be glad to report back as soon as mine shows up. I am definitely interested in the collar's location as well, but at this point it doesn't matter. Will definitely measure before I install it.

On the pedestal base:

28" high, or 29 1/2" high to top of the rear heat shield
24" wide
31" deep
Opening for flue is 4 1/2" in from the back of the heat shield

Capiche?

Nancy

Oops. You also asked about N/S loading...

Yes, it likes N/S loading. And so do I. I am getting splits up to about 20" in there N/S. Same as E/W...

Nancy

what's the width and depth of the firebox. I'm not finding that reference online, either.
edit: we must have posted at the same time.

And, JB, if you're still debating about this choice, let me say I absolutely LOVE mine! I've had it installed and burning since Friday. I am pleased beyond words. I almost don't want spring to arrive...

Danno,

Didn't see your question...

Depth is 20" to the metal framework around the door, 22" to the glass.
Width looks like 19.75" firebrick to firebrick.
And height about 9" to top of firebrick, 10" if you cheat a bit.

Nancy

If you GO for the more expensive stove and you dont like it well your out more money. You just cant beat the price and value of the 30.
A 450LB large stove for $650. WHats not to like? I load mine both ways but it always burns front to back,the front 1/3 of the wood burns first.

Status
Not open for further replies.