Englander Owners: Barefoot or New Englands?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
Hi guys,
I have the opportunity to buy either for the same price per ton. I know both are highly recomemmended pellets in general, but was curious for thier performance in an Englander 25 pdvc. If anyone has experience to compare them to Lignetics, that would be a plus, because that is what I will be comparing them to.

I have used the NEWP and the Barefoot and the Barefoot will beat the MEWP hands down. They are hotter and cleaner. Without a doubt the better choice. ;-)

I got 2 bags of each to try. I have burned the Barefoots only so far, and I gotta say, if the other tons are anything like these 2 bags, they are phenomenal. Less fines in the bag than Lignetics (which hardly had any). Heat output is equal to Lignetics, if not slightly more. I have a meat thermometer clamped to the front of the stove, so I can constantly monitor heat output. They are slightly smaller in diameter than the Lignetics, so they feed quicker. I had to turn the low fuel feed down a notch, b/c the "idle" was more of a dull roar when the 'stat wasn't calling for heat. Ash wise, they are similar to Lignetics. Haven't burned the NEWP's yet, but I think I have made up my mind to buy a ton of the Barefoots.

Orange,

All I've used is Pennington's and they are great. No problems. Great heat output, fairly low ash, no long pellets, no jams. I don't know if they are available at the big box stores anymore though. Let us know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.