Englander PAH all hooked up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucknuckle

Aug 20, 2014
Pa.
Well I have to thank everyone on this site who helped answer a lot of my questions. I did a lot of research and narrowed my stove choice down to a Timber Ridge (englander PAH ) from AMFM Energy. Wow!!!! I can't say enough good things about amfm. I ordered my stove late tues night and the shipping company called me thurs morn. Had delivered to the door by fri morning. The stove was in excellent shape, not a flaw to it. I cannot see any difference from the brand new PAH at ace hardware. There was also a $1000 lower difference which make my wife happy. Lol
The instructional DVD was a huge plus making install and parts very easy to understand. I would highly recommend the DVD.
We purchased 2 bags of pellets from tractor supply to try out before we commit to tons. I have been running it now for 4 hours in our basement workshop to burn off and smells and test run the stove before the cold hits. I am very pleased so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 177
Nice looking job and a nice stove too but those bare walls and floor are going to suck up the heat like you won`t believe.

Congrats! I think you'll be happy with it, I know I have been.

You won't really get a good feel for how well the stove and pellets work until it gets cold.

Nice job Buck!....and your basement is soooo clean too, I envy you....did the burn in on mine today as well....haven't been able to get it in place yet so just opened my basement doors, slid the stove partially outside and let'er rip. I too grabbed a few bags of different pellets to try, tried the corinth's today.....still have some Geneva's, tractor supply and Maine Woods to scope out but too warm here today to continue.

Not sure where ground level is, but watch that OAK when the snow starts flying and make sure it doesn't get blocked with a drift.

I was thinking today about how the block and floor will suck the heat in but it has to be better than what I had last year (nothing) lol
BobMa, that corners clean for the install, I have 2 small children that like to keep it cluttered for me and I will deffinetly keep an eye on the snow drifts. The OAK is approx. 18" off the ground but I do live in North east Pa. and we can some times get that amount of snow overnight. I do want to add some kind of protector-bar/gate/post outside against the foundation. The pipe sticks straight out of the block foundation about 16"-18" and its approx. 3' above the ground. I would like to have something there to protect kids from running into it and protect me or banging into it while im weed wacking. lol

Nice looking install. Now for some colder weather.

saweet! but im worried as well about the unfinished basement, just keep hammering until the blocks absorb enough heat will be slower to get het upstairs though. even rudimentary insulation on those walls will reap big rewards.
and seriously, thanks for choosing my products!

Stove guy, I'm new here. Do you own amfm? I am extremely pleased with the service from amfm. I would highly recommend.

Stove guy, I'm new here. Do you own amfm? I am extremely pleased with the service from amfm. I would highly recommend.

lol, no i work for England's Stove Works , i know Andy over at AMFM quite well, actually help him on local installs and such. when i referred to >my products" i meant ESW stoves.

Ok I got ya. I think I'm going to be very happy with ESW products. The DVD was very informative. Englander seemed to get a lot of better reviews than other brand stoves so that was a contributing factor in my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.