englander paint and auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baumic96

May 15, 2010
Northern Pa
hey all, just bought a used 2005 englander 25-pdve (4th stove i own now...selling 2 Kozi's) Got the stove up and goin for test runs...seemed to work pretty good with the exception of the room air blower....cleaned that and blows better now. Anyhow, just a couple quick questions....the bottom auger (i believe) makes a bunch of racket. Is there any way to lube those, or is it something internal that makes the noise...it's not the squeak from the carbon but more of a random griding. It still works fine and I don't wanna throw down 150 bucks for a noise issue on an auger. And for the other part, the stove has surface rust everywhere, so I want to paint it. I bought some high-temp flat black "grill" paint from lowe's. Put it on a test spot and didn't care for it...it's more charcoal than black. I see lowe's also has some sort of black "polish" or cream you can rub on the stove for touch up. I plan on painting the entire stove and interior pipework before install. Any ideas? btw, i paid 500 for the used stove and so far it's been a descent investment! thanks all

on the stove painting they make a paint that is for stoves they sell it at like tractor supply comp. stores and is a black paint. and the random grinding i don't have in my stove.

I have an '05 PDVC. The grinding sounds like a bad motor. If it is coming from just one motor, I've put the noisy ones on top so the noise isn't constant, just to get thru the season and give me more time to get the cash for a replacement. As far as paint, I use the Rustoleum High Heat Grill paint. I built a hopper extension and used this paint. It matches the original color, you can't tell the difference. I'd like to build a list of generic replacement motors and blowers for these stoves, anyone got anything?

Baumic, as is mentioned above, the Rustoleum High Heat paint works well.....it's not a flat black, more like satin.

As for the noisy motor, try the suggestion mentioned above also and switch motors....that way even if it does still make noise, it won't be constant. If you really want to get energetic, while you have the noisy one out, maybe even try opening it up and see if it the gears just needs to be re-greased.

Replacement augers are fairly inexpensive.

Attachments

• auger replacement 3-17-10 001.jpg
    auger replacement 3-17-10 001.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 252
Status
Not open for further replies.