Englander parts interchangable??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstogie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2012
Albany (ish)
What are interchangable parts on the Englander line of pellet stoves???

I have a 25PDVC that I would like to keep for the spare parts and upgrade the unit (possibly) thanks and cheers :)

What unit are you thinking of upgrading to?

That would help alot. :)

as don said , will depend on what unit you are looking to upgrade to, if the PDV then the auger motors circuit board and exhaust blower are the same, as are the feeder and augers and associated components , igniter and such, glass on the door

now if upgrading to a single auger unit like the EP or PAH then the room fan and exhaust fan on the EP are the same as the PDVC but the room fan on the PAH is larger the control board (if the PDVC is an auto start version (2004 to present)) can be used on the newer stoves but the PROM chip would have to be changed (same board different chip but they are a "pop in" replacement no solder) auger motors are not compatible between the single and dual auger stoves due to rotation and speed.

hope this clears it up for ya

as don said , will depend on what unit you are looking to upgrade to, if the PDV then the auger motors circuit board and exhaust blower are the same, as are the feeder and augers and associated components , igniter and such, glass on the door

now if upgrading to a single auger unit like the EP or PAH then the room fan and exhaust fan on the EP are the same as the PDVC but the room fan on the PAH is larger the control board (if the PDVC is an auto start version (2004 to present)) can be used on the newer stoves but the PROM chip would have to be changed (same board different chip but they are a "pop in" replacement no solder) auger motors are not compatible between the single and dual auger stoves due to rotation and speed.

hope this clears it up for ya
Thanks Mike. I really like the englander products and obviously if I upgrade it will be with one of those so this does help alot. :)

So after I posted this another 25pdvc the lowes variety (summers heat?) Shows up on craigslist less than 4 yesrs old and like new shape $500. So I swing by take a look and take it for 400 and the guy deliveds it too. So I have any spare part I could want or I was thinking of installing it upstairs in the living area. And leaving the one down stairs for when ever I am down there.

So after I posted this another 25pdvc the lowes variety (summers heat?) Shows up on craigslist less than 4 yesrs old and like new shape $500. So I swing by take a look and take it for 400 and the guy deliveds it too. So I have any spare part I could want or I was thinking of installing it upstairs in the living area. And leaving the one down stairs for when ever I am down there.

sounds like a good deal, did you get to see it run? if not , you can test the components in diagnostic mode

http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/diagnostic_mode04.html

word to the wise, if its been run prior to your purchase , do this outside or connected to a flue as it will blow ash out the exhaust

Good deal! Did you pull the augers and give it a good cleaning?

Hey you guys have taught me well.... Isaw it run t include the auger motors, the combustion fan, the ventilation fan. This one is quieter than my first one. :) 8 Thanks mike but Iknew about the diagnotic mode already ..... actually because ofprabably you last year when Igot my first one up and running. LOL

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
I just got it 2 hours ago so no i have not cleaned it yet :p ha :)

Whats an Englander 25 Igniter price for replacement parts, while cleaning and gasketing after noticed the Igniter was not working. at the end of last season had a few failer to start, I was thinking it was going. Well after putting it all back together I ran a dry run igniter nevere came on. 1st frost today, will need it. anyone know the price off hand.

Whats an Englander 25 Igniter price for replacement parts, while cleaning and gasketing after noticed the Igniter was not working. at the end of last season had a few failer to start, I was thinking it was going. Well after putting it all back together I ran a dry run igniter nevere came on. 1st frost today, will need it. anyone know the price off hand.

you can light it off manually with some gel or starter material. as for the igniter , im thinking they run in the 60 's when bought through us plus shipping http://www.englanderstoves.com/store/cgi-bin/sc/productsearch.cgi

i was close $64.37 plus S/H
it may be available in the aftermarket as well, possibly cheaper but i do not have any links for them, its a 300 watt igniter

Thanks Just in Case I'll put the bad one in leave wires off to burn if I need to before the New one gets here. Thanks I'll be ordering this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.