ENGLANDER PDV 25 GLASS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erhalt1

Jan 23, 2008
Western Ohio
HELLO ALL,

IS IT NORMAL FOR THE WINDOW GLASS TO GET DIRTY WITHIN JUST A FEW MINTUES OF STARTING. I HAVE HAD THE STOVE SINCE IT WAS NEW 2 YEARS AGO AND IT HAS ALWAYS DONE THIS. NOW I SEE THEY ARE SAY A GLASS CLEANER ON THE NEW ONES?? CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY GLASS PROBLEM I.E. SETTINGS?????

SORRY FOR THE CAPS

ERIC

I have a newer model 25-pdvc and the air wash system isn't all that great (I'm not complaining mind you). I can go probably 5 hours before I notice soot on the glass. I think, it is what it is. Happy glass cleaning. When I do clean the glass, 2x daily, I just use a crumpled up piece of dry newspaper, open the door with the stove running and wipe it quickly. Takes 10 secs. max. Hope this helps.

I dont have an Englander, but I have had my Quadrafire on now for almost 24 hours burning non stop, and if you look at the glass you would think I just cleaned it, I cant see any soot whatsoever. I only need to give it a light wiping once every 3 days or so of burning because it has a good airwash. The airwash on mine is just a tiny gap at the bottom of the front door which allows it to pull a little air in, and up across the glass which keeps the glass from getting soot on it for a while at least.

If you have an old stove you may not have an airwash on yours. I would think if you have plenty of air so the fire is extremely bright, and very active, sharp edged flames, as I like to call them, then you would have a lot less dirt on your glass. The flame on my Quad looks like a giant blow torch, its got a rumbling sound to it and its a white yellowish color, the pellets almost jump out of the burn pot sometimes its that active.

thanks for the info. i wonder if anyone at englander can give me more info. I lowered the setting to 5 i guess i am just sunk

Status
Not open for further replies.