englander pdv 25 help incomplete burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heathracing

Dec 28, 2008
poconos pa
i have an 02 pdv 25 i have cleaned and cleaned even with leaf blower. replaced all gaskets in the stove door and glass. when i run the stove on 3 and room air on 9 pellets build in burn pot go over sides and up the glass in less thab 8 hours bottom settings are on 1-9-1 it will do it on 1 and 2 but it takes longer. has done this with 4 different brand pellets could exhaust blower be binding stove seems to work fine right after cleaning. i hate to spen 150$ and it not fix the stove muy inlaws told me it has done that since new. is this the way it is suppose to burn seems to waste a lot of pellets
any help would be great thanks

My model 25-PVC does the same thing. After 2 years of owning the stove the exhust blowers died on me. I went down to a electrical motor place and they replace the bearing for $70. That did not last too long at all. I ran 2 times and I had the same problem. The exhaust moter when turn on would start humming then it shut down. Am I suppose to grease this somewhere, or do I have a defective motor. For 2 years old I hate to spend the $150.

my ehaust is clean out T up 4 feet 90 and out 3 feet with a deflector on end. i also tried running without oak and no change. all pipes are clean i dont know what else to try

Has it always been this way, or is this something new?

i just got the stove last year from my inlaws it has always burnt this way from what i know. when the stove wwas new they called englander and were advised to change settings to 1-9-1 and they ran it at 2 for heat. but this just doesnt seem right. i even checked voltage at exhaust blower its 114.7 a/c cant really go any higher.

Have you removed the conduction blower, inspected and cleaned? Sounds like it's not pulling air through the burn pot.

i have had the stove apart and replaced all gaskets cleaned motor and impeller. even took it outside and ran the leaf blower through it. i have had no change. the exhaust blower does make a little noise when cold but then it goes away.

well i just ordered new blower. we will see if it help ill let you know. this stove doesnt have a restrictor that is adjustable. anyone ever make an adjustable plate. would it help or even be worth the time?

I wouldn't ry to modify the stove configuration...Call Englander...They're very helpful...Maybe Mike Holton from Englander who visits this site quite a bit can help you out...do a search for Englander on this site...his name will show up quite a bit...P.M. him....he's always willing to help out...Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.