Englander PDV-25 - No display.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bieling3

Apr 9, 2015
New York
The stove was burning right along and then shut down with no error codes out of the blue. It wont turn back on and the display doesn't light up. Fuse didn't appear blown but I got a replacement anyways and that did nothing to solve the problem.

I can't find any troubleshooting guide for this particular problem. Any ideas on how to proceed? This is a real early model if that helps.

Have you confirmed that the breaker the stove is on did not trip? My guess would be the board. Suppose you could unplug, take a photo and/or draw a diagram of connections and take a look at the board for scorch marks. stoveguy2esw (Mike Holton) is a lead service tech at Englander ... his work email address is in his signature line or you can call...

Welcome to the forum and good luck troubleshooting. Keep us posted!

Well, I took the opportunity to clean the stove because it was down and used the very same outlet for the vacuum cleaner to eliminate the breaker as a possibility. I'm going to get all the cables marked and then unplug them to remove the board and have a look next.

Status
Not open for further replies.