Englander pdv25 blower high pitch whine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

somdpellethead

Jan 10, 2015
Lusby md
Hello I've been searching the forums and have found so much great information ! I decided to sign up to be more than just an "observer" .This is my first season with a pellet stove and I really enjoy it . Prior winters with my heat pump I had elec bills as high as $525 a month. Now I'm feeling the warmth and cozy feeling of a stove that can't be beat. Anyways just wanted to post some things I'm finding/expirencing
I keep getting a high pitch whine out of my indoor blower . It usually happens late at night which drives me nuts. I can usually make it go away by by changing speeds but I feel like I should be able to run at any setting available . I found the pad under the lower auger had shifted and was a metal to metal contact with the bracket. I made a thicker pad with fiberglass foil wrap insulation and foil tape and that seemed to solve the problem for the most part but the sound still happens very randomly though far less frequent . Has anyone dealt with this and found a solution? By the way I've tightened all the screws , sprayed various lubes on the motor, greased the auger bearings etc. I keep the stove very clean by ash vac and scraping the auger opening every couple days which by the way keeps the different auger squeal in check and minimal but that sound isn't what's bugging me . The blower sound kinda seems like a harmonic whine . Any thoughts /expirience / ideas ??????? Thanks I love the site and forums

Dry or getting dry bearings. Time for some oil and most likely a cleaning. Probably a good time to pull the side covers and clean the whole thing anyway. If you think you oiled it, oil it again.... sometimes that extra drop is all it takes.

Dry or getting dry bearings. Time for some oil and most likely a cleaning. Probably a good time to pull the side covers and clean the whole thing anyway. If you think you oiled it, oil it again.... sometimes that extra drop is all it takes.
Thanks but aren't the motors sealed ? The oiling was just trying anything. As far as cleaning I've only used the stove for a little over a month so am I really due for a "deep cleaning" ??? It's a very random occurance but sounds terrible when it happens. Thanks for any input

There are sealed and shielded in bearings and either can be modified to accept lubricant by removal of one or more of the end shields (usually with a needle). then it becomaes a matter of applying some light oil with a needle oiler or a 3-1 spout oiler regularly (as in every few months) or when you blow out the motors which can be often or not so often depending on how filthy it gets behind thr side panels. I clean mine a couple times during the heating season.

Status
Not open for further replies.