Englander pdv25 heat issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoot

Nov 17, 2009
East Coast
Hello!

I have an Englander PDV25 pellet stove and for the most part it is running fine. My question involves the burn rate settings.
Currently I have the stove set at 6-6-1 {per recommended settings from Englander tech} and it doesn't seem to be putting out as much heat as I was getting last year.

I had the same issue last year and I spoke with support. They walked me through a process of unplugging the stove, holding a certain key combination on the panel and then starting the stove. It set the burn rate and was much warmer.

The stove was unplugged over the summer so these settings were cleared before this fall. I should have thought to write down the key combination but I never did *sigh*

Anyone has any idea what this combination might be? Other suggestions or insights would also be appreciated :)

Even though the stove was unplugged, it should retain the same settings as before.

IMO, if you aren't getting as much heat, try running the stove at 6-4-1. The setting of "6" on the LBA might be sending the heated air through the stove too fast and up the exhaust instead of getting the heat exchanger hot.

Are you burning the same brand/batch of pellets from last year?

We are still burning the same brand of pellets from last season {clearing old stock}. I tried running the stove on 6-4-1 for a few days and it didn't seem to help that much. The stove is putting out heat, but when it gets below 30 outside it doesn't quite keep up.

i am burning green teams in my stove i have it set to 6,7 and 461
when the thermastat comes on the air temp on the left hand side
is 300 + the nites have bveen in the singles and the house is 68 +
i know with my stove if i dont do as good cleaning atleast once a
week she couldnt warm a cup o coffee

Try a good cleaning. You could be having some build up on the combustion blower or in your pipe. That will affect how well your pellets are burning and how much heat you get.

I shut the stove down about twice a week and give it a good cleaning {with vacuum}. I also gave the stove a complete cleaning in November before we really started burning. This included the combustion/ room blower motors/All exhaust pipes/etc . That said it might be possible there is some buildup from burning this year, so I think I'll give it a good cleaning via the leaf blower technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.