ENGLANDER PDV25 QUESTIONS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erhalt1

Jan 23, 2008
Western Ohio
ENGLANDER PDV25 QUESTIONSTHE PLATE THAT SITS IN THE TWO PRONGS....................IS THE TOP SUPPOSED TO LEAN FORWARD? MINE DOES? ALSO HOW DO YOU CLEAN OUT THE MOTORS AND OTHER THINGS IF THE 400LB STOVE IS SITTING AT AN ANGLE?? I AM FLUSTERED.

Yes, the plate is supposed to lean forward and touch the front of the stove.

You will probably have to unhook your pipes from the back of the stove and move it forward if you need more room to work on it. I set my stove on top of some cheap furniture sliders and it makes it real easy to move around on my hearth pad all by myself.

Good luck.

packerfan said:
Yes, the plate is supposed to lean forward and touch the front of the stove.Good luck.

Is this the 25-PDV your're talking about, or an older model? Because if I'm not mistaken, and the 25-PDVC and 25-PDV are the same as regards the baffle plate, and from everything I've read here, it's NOT supposed to 'lean forward'. Rather, it's supposed to be snug up against the back wall. That's what the 2 tabs are for. No way should it be leaning forward far enough to touch the front of the stove...or have I misread your post?

Packerfan is right about the PDV. Mike Holton confirmed the PDV is a different design, and the baffle plate does indeed lean forward. Donbryce is correct on the PDVC - should be snug on the back wall

25-PDV is the model i have..............so are you saying that the metal piece should be straight or lean?

lean forward

Status
Not open for further replies.