Englander PDVC Error Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mschulman

Feb 2, 2011
spokane wa
Thanks to everyone who gave advice on my problem with my stove I just picked up giving me an E-1 code and shutting down after 3 seconds. I gave it a good cleaning and ran a diagnostic and it passed everything, but when I tried ti start it, it did the same thing, ran for 3 seconds and then shut down with an E-1 error code.

Now for the interesting thing..I noticed that the Vacuum switch next to the exhaust blower has only the vacuum line attached. There are no wires attached to it. The other Vacuum switch near the room air blower has wires connected to it. There are two wires connected together right next to the switch missing the wires.. When I get home, I am going to see where these lead, but I be they should be connected to the switch. Anyone know why they might have done this? thanks

That E-1 is a vacuum sensor shut down.

You likely have crap in your combustion blower cavity or the blower isn't running.

Get a combustion blower gasket, pull the blower motor impeller assembly and take a really good look.

mschulman said:
Thanks to everyone who gave advice on my problem with my stove I just picked up giving me an E-1 code and shutting down after 3 seconds. I gave it a good cleaning and ran a diagnostic and it passed everything, but when I tried ti start it, it did the same thing, ran for 3 seconds and then shut down with an E-1 error code.

Now for the interesting thing..I noticed that the Vacuum switch next to the exhaust blower has only the vacuum line attached. There are no wires attached to it. The other Vacuum switch near the room air blower has wires connected to it. There are two wires connected together right next to the switch missing the wires.. When I get home, I am going to see where these lead, but I be they should be connected to the switch. Anyone know why they might have done this? thanks

look for the wires , im not sure where they are but sombody moved em, the switch should have 1 wire on the "NC" termnal and one on the "C" terminal, the other ends plug into the board near the bottom next to the thermostat bus.

call my shop at 800-245-6489 on monday if you are still fighting it, me or one of my tech staff will be happy to help you correct the problem, hours are 8-5 eastern time mon-fri

That vacuum switch is one of the primary safeties on the stove, you never bypass a safety except to rule in or out a cause of a problem. Then you remove the bypass. You do not run the stove for heating with a safety bypassed.

Lack of vacuum causes smoke in the house along with other nasty and deadly combustion byproducts.

Reactions: Harvey Schneider
Status
Not open for further replies.