Englander PDVC Heating Northern Virginia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
As hearth.com regulars know I do the paint curing on my stoves outside. Well, same for the new pellet puppy. It must be putting out heat. Our forecast was for a high of 36 today but right now it is 40 out there.

Attachments

• pdvc outside.jpg
    pdvc outside.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 829
Is there anything an Englander cant do?

Maybe thats what is contributing to Global warming, all you hillbillies burning stoves outside :)

babalu87 said:

Maybe thats what is contributing to Global warming, all you hillbillies burning stoves outside :)

Have to have a stove to warm up with out there when I get finished taking my bath in the #3 wash tub in the back yard. %-P

Pellet stove? What happened to your 30? Are you getting lazy in your old age?

Next season Alternative Heating Services, Inc. will be offering ash sucking and parts replacing services to all of the fine folks in Northern Virginia that bought those Summers Heat and Englander pellet stoves at Lowe's and Home Depot and then discovered that, "like yuk", you have to get your hands dirty.

Figured I should at least light one first. Didn't cost but 400 more than a pellet basket to put in the 30. Lit it today. Open it up for investigative surgery next week.

Are you saying you payed about $500 for it? I was looking at Harman pellet stoves on Sat at Warming Trends and had sticker shock! Pellet stoves over $3k! Oh, and if you want it installed with a years supply of pellets it's almost $5k! Yikes!

BTW, I did away with my pellet basket. It just took too long to get going and just didn't put out the heat that good old hardwood does.

$598. No sales tax on pellet stoves here. Chimney kit $98. The end of year gold rush at Lowe's.

Actually I was PO'd. The day after I brought it home I got coupon in the mail from Lowe's good for 10% off of a single item purchase.

GVA said:
Are ya gonna paint it? ;-P

Of course. GoldenFire brown. The same as the XXV.

babalu87 said:

I guess you didn't get the memo, babs. You can't call them "hillbillies" anymore. Now it's "Appalachian Americans."

Attachments

• hicks.jpg
    hicks.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 646
Eric Johnson said:
babalu87 said:

I guess you didn't get the memo, babs. You can't call them "hillbillies" anymore. Now it's "Appalachian Americans."

I showed the pic to my cousin and my wife. She likes it.

I knew she would. That's a pretty good portrait of Uncle Pa, after all.

BrotherBart said:
Actually I was PO'd. The day after I brought it home I got coupon in the mail from Lowe's good for 10% off of a single item purchase.

Take the coupon in with your receipt. They should honor it.

BrotherBart said:
babalu87 said:

Have to have a stove to warm up with out there when I get finished taking my bath in the #3 wash tub in the back yard. %-P

Ain't that what the jug of shine is fer?

Status
Not open for further replies.