Englander PDVC - Impingement plate position???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmojo123

Nov 27, 2009
maine
I just purchased a used Englander PDVC Pellet stove and was wondering how the impingement plate(plate behind fire box) is supposed to be positioned. It fell out during transportation and I have been told 2 different ways.

1) Plate is supposed to stand straight up and down behind firebox

2) bottom of plate is supposed to be behind firebox and plate tilts forward and top of plate rests above door.

thanks
mike

I am using it flat right now and have the feeder set at 5 and the blower at 5, I'm heating a room that is about 280sqft and the room doesn't get above 73 degrees. I thought it would get hotter

mrmojo123 said:
I am using it flat right now and have the feeder set at 5 and the blower at 5, I'm heating a room that is about 280sqft and the room doesn't get above 73 degrees. I thought it would get hotter
have you given the stove a good cleaning?....gotta get all the fly ash on the inside walls and exchanger....

mrmojo123 said:
I just purchased a used Englander PDVC Pellet stove....

Mike,

as Hemi suggests above, the stove might just need a good cleaning. Is this your first pellet stove? If so, they do require some maintenance. Do you know why the previous owner was selling it?

Plate should sit back against the back of the fire box, but mine has a quarter inch play in it. It's ok. 73* is good. Don't know how many square feet you're heating but at 40* outside I only turn mine on for a few hours in the evening with 1500 sq. ft. cape.

Just bought a one-year-old Englander 25-PDVC, and I'm also worried about the position of the impingement plate. It's not centered over the burn plate area, and there's about 2 inches showing on the right side the open back area behind the impingement plate. I'm presuming, from the burn pattern on the front of the plate, that it should be centered. Am I right?

Yes, you're correct. the impingment plate hangs on the back wall, and is centered.

Another question about my Englander 25-PDVC... Is there a way to adjust the direction of the airflow from the blower? Mine seems to flow mainly out of the left (as you're looking at the front) side and a little out of the right. I can see a plate through the grill that is angled toward the left. Is it adjustable at all?

larrystew said:
Another question about my Englander 25-PDVC... Is there a way to adjust the direction of the airflow from the blower? Mine seems to flow mainly out of the left (as you're looking at the front) side and a little out of the right. I can see a plate through the grill that is angled toward the left. Is it adjustable at all?

I think that's just the nature of the beast. I just bought a Rutland magnetic thermometer today. On the right side (from the front) it measures 240* and on the left real close to 300*.

All 25 PDVC's have more air from the left facing the stove. I would run the fan much higher than 5 to increase the heat. The heat range appears be fine. My normally highest setting if heat 4 fan 9 and the thermostat is in another room against the wall and even during the cold the last few days it is in the mid 70's. Heat also has alot to do wiht the quality and type of pellets used.

Status
Not open for further replies.