englander pellet 25pdv ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave64

Feb 11, 2011
N H
first time pellet stove owner
what do the bottom 3 control buttons do and what do the numbers mean right now they are on 6 4 1
the first # 6 what would it do if i went down to 5 or up to 7 ? and the same for the 4 and the 1

thanks

Dave, every stove and install are different, and therefore some adjustability is needed in the stove operation. I'll assume you bought the stove new....if not, let us know what year it was made, as it might make a difference to what I'm about to say.

The bottom 3 buttons are a means to "fine tune" the burning characteristics of your stove, and are pre-set at the factory to a generic setting which will work fine on most installs.

The left button, LFF is the fuel feed.....mainly adjusts amount of pellet fed on heat settings #1 & 2, but may have an effect on higher settings also. The LBA is the same thing, but for the air...it adjusts the airflow through the stove. The AOT is set at 1, and is never changed.

If you find that the pellets don't burn completely and are starting to build-up in the pot, either lowering the LFF a little, or raising the LBA should take care of it.

In general, don't raise the LBA too much, as it just sends the air (and heat) through the stove too fast & up the exhaust.

Hope this helps. Oh, and BTW, we love seeing pics of new installs (hint hint).

From Left to Right

1) LFF - Low Fuel Feed - Controls the amount of pellets that feed into the stove on the heat range 1 & 2. On newer stoves, this also influences the feed rate at the higher heat ranges to a lesser degree

2) LBA - Low Burn Air - Controls the amount of combustion air that gets drawn through the firebox on heat range 1 & 2. Again, on newer stoves, this also affects the higher heat ranges to a certain amount.

3) Air On temp (??) - Controls the temperature when the room blower turns on. Don't know the actual name because this is the one button that you shouldn't really need to play with. Keep it at 1 and all is well. If you set it too high, you could cause your stove to overheat. I've never moved this from #1.

As to the first two buttons, write down your current settings for reference and go ahead make adjustments as you see fit. I usually tweak these when I change brand of pellets, trying to get the best burn for each style.

You should really only change on setting by one number at a time. Then wait a good 1/2 hour between each adjustment, because they don't show their effects immediately.

I run my PDV on a thermostat, so I usually try to lower the LFF as low as possible to keep the stove burning without going out when it is on the low settings. The LBA I will try to raise or lower If I notice that my burn pot tends to get too full on high settings. Although I need to compensate, because my exhaust venting is at about the limit in length and the combustion blower needs to run a little higher than most.

Good luck!

yes the stove is new but it must have been a left over as mfg date is 8/08
thanks for the reply's

Good info and all spot on correct from the above replies.
Englanders stove co. really needs to add a paragraph or two in their manual that explains the control panel better.
I know too much information can be confusing but not enough can be even worse.

Gio said:
Good info and all spot on correct from the above replies.
Englanders stove co. really needs to add a paragraph or two in their manual that explains the control panel better.
I know too much information can be confusing but not enough can be even worse.

im working on it bro ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.