Englander Pellet Puppy And Modified Sine Wave Current

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Probably will never need to run the 25-PDVC in the basement on it, but I just installed an 800 amp hour battery bank and 1000 watt inverter in the basement for the times it is too crappy outside to go out and fire the genny. And to use at night because it is quiet.

But has anybody ever run the 25-PDVC or its cousins on modified sine wave? Yeah I know that pure sine wave is a gift from God and buzzing motors and stuff. But for this application it ain't gonna happen. Just want to know if it would be a disaster if I ever did it.

It ain't an issue of heating the joint. There is enough wood stove firepower in this place to warm the moon. That pellet stove is just for warming the basement when I need to work down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.