Englander Pellet Stove blower very noisy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jp7704

Jan 11, 2014
Massachusetts
Hey all. Long time reader first time poster. I have learned to fix my Summers Heat stove by Englander SW from what I have read on this forum. Thank you all for that. I now pose a question... Why is my blower (I'm thinking the fresh air system) so noisy? I just assumed that is the way it is for the past four years until I went to a family members house yesterday and they have the same stove... Wait for it... No noise. It just works with very little air noise. Mine sounds like a fan on high. I have changed the exhaust blower and cleaned it out just this year. When I turn down the room air blower it doesn't effect the sound. like I mentioned this has always been the case since day one. Now I also noticed that his flame was very lazy (but there). Almost like the flame from a gas stove or what it would look like if the pellets were burning without any forced fresh air. Any suggestions? I really appreciate it.

J

Is he running on a thermostat? My friend does and when it doesn't call for heat the stove runs in low, just barely a flame. As for the noise from the blower, his is also quieter than mine! Just spend the $90 and get a new one, then you will have a spare!

Status
Not open for further replies.