Englander Pellet Stove clicking sound while in use

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trackman603

Nov 15, 2008
Central Connecticut
Hey to everyone out there. I have the 1500 sq ft englander pellet stove. While its on it tends to make a clicking sound. Is this the auger. Has anyone experienced this clicking and if so, were you able to get it to stop? Everything seems to be working normally.

Thanks for your help!

Trackman, it would help if you gave the model #.

As for the clicking, can you be more specific as to what area of the stove it's coming from? How long have you had the stove? Is this your first pellet stove? Is it new, or used?

Thanks

Sorry, its a 25-pdvc englander stove. I've had it for a year, it was used a year before I got it. It's my first pellet stove. Not sure where the sound is coming from, I can hear it from the back. I was thinking it is probably the auger motor not being cleaned or something. It's not a constant clicking, every once in awhile it will do it.

I was originally going to say that it might just be the auger snapping a pellet once in a while, but you said you've had it for a year, so I guess this is a new sound....is that correct?

I am no expert but my 1st thought would be to check for carbon build-up in the bottom auger tube. Although the sound for that I've heard described as squealing. Auger is easilier removable to check. Try one of the guides on Englanderstoves.com

Is it a sound like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-VBvZJnSTE

My P68 makes this noise when I first fire it up. After a couple minutes, I don't hear it anymore. I thought it might be the metal expanding. Anyway, if this is what it sounds like and your stove is doing it all the time, maybe someone can help you out by listening to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.