englander pellet stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbrown

Feeling the Heat
Jan 15, 2008
Hartland,Me.
hi guys,

my neighbor has an englander pellet stove, i believe its the 25 pdvc, only a couple of years old. tonight she is fighting with it . when she starts it , the control displays E2(failure to start)). any ideas where i should begin looking?

thanks,
mike

mjbrown65 said:
hi guys,

my neighbor has an englander pellet stove, i believe its the 25 pdvc, only a couple of years old. tonight she is fighting with it . when she starts it , the control displays E2(failure to start)). any ideas where i should begin looking?

thanks,
mike
mine did that also, when it gives the E2 hit the on button once and see if it ignites, normally it does....if that works then just take a toothpick and clean out the ignitor hole

thanks hemi,

got it going now.

the neighbor said the stove was pumping the pellets right out, and when it did run it was hotter than heck. i checked the settings on the control board and they were at 6-4-1.
i searched a few old posts and saw resets anywhere from 1-4-1 to 4-4-1 so i reset to 4-4-1 and will go from there.

thanks again,

mike

mjbrown65 said:
thanks hemi,

got it going now.

the neighbor said the stove was pumping the pellets right out, and when it did run it was hotter than heck. i checked the settings on the control board and they were at 6-4-1.
i searched a few old posts and saw resets anywhere from 1-4-1 to 4-4-1 so i reset to 4-4-1 and will go from there.

thanks again,

mike;

mike
The bottom three buttons function only when the heat setting is on 1 or 2. I do not believe they do anything above those heat settings. I am running mine on 5-5-1 with heat setting 2 and fan setting 6 and it is just purring along. Have also found that keeping these really clean helps alot as far as how they perform, they do not like being dirty. Also, if you look inside the burn pot you will see a large hole and smaller holes on either verticle side. If you pack THE 2 LARGE holes with fine steel wood, it forces more air up thru the bottom of the burn plate which makes a whole lot of difference on the burn and cleanliness. Hope this helps

thanks for the advice guys.

got the stove running again. changed the board settings to 4-4-1 which were set at 6-4-1. with the burn and blower set to 2-9, the house was at 78*. turned the board settings down again to 3-4-1, and the burn and blower down to 1 and 9, and she is purring now. thanks for the help

mike rotti- i will give this a try as well, if need be.thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.