Englander Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdp7462

Jan 10, 2007
Hi All, I am new to the site, and would appreciate any feedback. I have a quick question regarding a stove at Lowes. Has anyone had good/bad luck with the Englander pellet stoves? They currently have a model on clearance for 799.00 rated 2200 sq ft. Is this a good price/quality mix? Second, I am currently running an older austroflamm pellet stove direct vented. The Englander is also 3in vent pipe and roughly 16 1/2 inches from floor to middle of the vent. Do you think there would be much work needed to fit the new one if I were to purchase it? Thanks in advance for your knowledge!!

Mike Holdon the England Stove Works (maker of Englander stoves) customer service manager is a member of the Forum and should be along to answer some of the question. If not give him a call tomorrow at 1-800-245-6489. Ask for Mike.

hi kdp,
yeah lowes is lowering prices, mostly due to being overstocked from the mild winter in most of the country, are you looking to replace the austro?? if so where is the vent from the floor, if its close it may be an easy adjustment. as the guys said you can reach us at 800-245-6489, if you decide to call i will actually be out of the office most of the day , but i have a great staff who can help you, tell ya what if you call, ask for scott if im not there he will be happy to answer any questions you might have<or i'll slap him across the back of the head (lol)>or if ya want, dial my extension at 131 off the same number and leave me a voice mail, make sure you leave me a good return phone number. anyway, the price is prettty darn good, they msrp at more than twice that, and you still get the same warranty that you would at full price. we do not look at what you pay for the unit as far as service is concerned.

Hey Mike

Thanks for the reply...THe austro is one that came with the house and it heats pretty well, but with a small ash pan that needs to be shut down at least twice a week to heat effeciently. The vent pipe is approx 16 1/2 inches to center of the pipe, just about the same as when i measured the one at lowes. The back is laid out about the same, I just do not have an outside air vent with the austroflamm...that'd be the only thing I would need to add...any advice would be great!

Thanks,
Chris

which model is it at lowes that you are looking at we have 2 that are 2200 sq ft rated, is this the 55-shp22l or the 55-shp240 utility furnace, sounds like the p-22 by the 16.5" measure, just curious which it is. need to hook up outside air with either one, its pretty simple to do and the kit is provided with the unit

Hey Mike,

It is the 55-shp22l, not the furnace...it is going to go right in my living room and the wife didnt like the idea of the furnace there :) I did go purchase the stove yesterday....thank you to all who gave some insight, I am looking forward to installing it in the coming weeks. They are waiting on a part for it, said it should be here in a couple days. If i run into anything I'll be sure to call! I did want to say that you being in this forum and allowing each of us to bounce things off of you when it comes to the englander stoves weighed heavily on my decision to buy the stove. You do your company a great service in and out of work!!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.