Englander pvd 25 filled burn pot Ahhhh

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribcage

Nov 9, 2014
Massachuse
i cleaned out my stove and changed out a few parts and it was running great.. Seems as I let it run for more than a few days at a time that the air flow gets less and the burn pot gets clogged with half burned pellets... Once I scoop them up then I have the "popcorn" noise happening in the stove. I currently have the pellet stove at 4-4 and the house is a 72... I am nervous with the pot filling up and me not being home.. Any advice?

I was using Corinth pellets as that's what my supplier had. I just bought 2 different bags at home depot to try out but whichever company bought out new englander pellets should be in stock in January.. Thinking ir could be the pellets?!?

I am burning green supremes and I have to do a quick scrape a few times a day... How often do you scrape out the burn pot? It could be the pellets... Clinkers..

I am burning green supremes and I have to do a quick scrape a few times a day... How often do you scrape out the burn pot? It could be the pellets... Clinkers..

Doing it about 2x a day. I bought a few bags of the green at the tractor supply store to try and had an issue too... Just want it to run and not fill up! A friend of mine is using the Corinth pellets too and says he has clunkers too..

I know my stove can pile up some ash... Even up to the door! How long have you had the stove? People with englanders swear by soft wood pellets when it comes to ash.. It's light and fluffy so I blows out of the pot

It's a 2005, I bought it last year used. Haven't needed to turn the furnace on once yet, but did replace a few parts this year but it was cheap so I can't comlain.. I might shut it down tomorrow and give it a good cleaning.. I'm going about 4-5 days between each cleaning..

New combustion blower this year too.. Might have to try soft pellets but I called Englander and they said no soft pellets.. Stove still heats up which is good!

Have you made sure the doors pass the dollar bill test? Close a dollar bill in the door (not when running;)) and see if you can pull it out. If you can - it's a fail on the gaskets or seal (if door can be adjusted). Check ash pan and hopper lid also...

Edit: when cleaning, have you been brushing and vacuuming out the internal smoke paths as well?

What happens when you increase the air?

Last edited:
New gaskets this year as well so I know those are tight! I remove the burn pot as well as the wall plate and take a brush to scrape the walls as well as the rest of the areas. Are the smoke paths the 2 wholes under the burn pot?!? If so the yes..

This issue sounds more mechanical than anything.... Is you hopper lid tight? If you latch it and can still push it down a little it needs adjustment.

Just watch the augers and time the rotation. You can do it with the one on top when the pellets are running out or do it in test mode with an empty hopper.

They didn't start putting the hopper lid switch in them until 2006. It ain't gonna be in this one.

ETA: Correction. They started putting it in them in August 2008.

It will turn in test mode. Hopper open, door open, standing on its head etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.