Englander room air blower cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Pellet Guy

Nov 23, 2013
Maine
Alright need a little help/tips to clean out my room air blower. Model PDVC-25. Had this for a year now and haven't cleaned it out. Anyone cleaned one before? ?!!

Never removed one yet, mine still looks fairly clean, but I have been thinking about taking it out.
Remove the blower and blow it out with compressed air. Clean off the squirrel cage and reinstall it.

Bill

kinda hard to get at the squirrel cage with it mounted, 4 screws and its out (drop the circuit board out of the way to get a better angle on the outside screws) unplug it , pull it out and clean off the blades or blow it out with high pressure air

IMPORTANT! if you blow it out DO NOT let that air spin the cage at high speed! restrain it with your off hand so it don't spin or you could over-rev the bearings and have issues afterwards

Reactions: Maine Pellet Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.