Englander Room Air Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyguy

Jan 10, 2015
Masshole
Maybe a dumb question but since my room air blower just shut down...had to remove and suck the dust bunnies from the windings. But in the process put a speedy order in for a replacement. My question for anyone, can I run power to the blower by itself or does the board need some kind of feedback. I'm thinking the board is limiting the speed and CFM and I understand about making sure it's one so it doesn't overheat. It's a 2012 25PDV Thanks

You can direct wire it with a length of lamp cord and some twist connectors. No issue. Just don't get bit. It is 110 / 1 afterall.

Safetyguy... I am too. For a commercial carrier. I make driver's unhappy/

You can test using a electrical cord ... are you sure it's the blower going or the board? Unplug before messing inside!

I think it was just that the end openings on the motor were plugged with dust and it overheated....it's working now(KNOCK ON WOOD)

Most of the RA fans are internally thermally protected so thery will derate if too hot.

Makes sense...wife says...it's working fine, return the new blower...I said...and if this dies...are you ready for the wrath?? "Keep it" lol

A happy wife is a happy life. Not in this case. Keep the blower. At some point, you'll need it. Just tell her you sent it back and tuck it away somewhere.

Blowing high pressure through the windings will get all the dust. The control boards just vary the voltage to the motor to vary the speed. No feedback involved - at least I've never heard of any.

Status
Not open for further replies.