Englander room blower speed issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AThayer

Jan 18, 2012
United States
I want to start by saying hello to everyone I am new to the board. I do have a question and it has been discussed before but I could not find a solution. I have a Englander 25-PDVC that is about 5 years old. I have noticed that the room blower speed does not seem to go above number 3. If you start at number 1 and feel and listen to the blower speed there is a difference between 1-2-3 then no more gain in speed. I was wondering if anyone came up with a solution? I have cleaned and oiled the blower.

I also have a PDVC and had this same problem at the start of the season this year. If you haven't yet what you need to do is take the room blower motor off and clean it good. I, for some reason never cleaned mine in the spring and that solved the whole problem. It has a gasket like the one for the hopper so you wont need a new one.

If you have completely cleaned the blower and put a couple drops of oil into the 2 lube ports as you said, and you're SURE the fan isn't going any faster above #3, then I'd try checking the voltage at the blower plugs with a voltmeter. Voltage should keep increasing as you increase blower speed on the control panel.

If the voltage keeps rising all the way to 9, then the blower is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.