Englander Short on Welding NOT! "Now with pics"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletizer

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Pellet County N.H.
I response to Sydney1963's post yesterday of "Can I ask a favor from the Englander owners out there? I posted this thread about air blowing out on the floor,

If I sit in front of my stove and run my right hand about 6” along the right side of the metal base near floor there is a spot were air blows out onto the floor? hmm

Well I found the hole about the size of dime and it looks like a weld was not completed under the right side of the stove in the corner were the side of the stove meets I guess were the room air blows through.

High temp Heat tape to the rescue, Anyone else have this air leak?

Pelletizer, I got right down on the floor with a flashlight and I don't see any holes. You are talking about the front of your stove aren't you? I checked under the lip and all along the bottom, left and right side. No holes.

Check it out, should of seen the looks I got while taking under stove pics! :smirk:
Wonder if any other fellow Englander PDVC owners have this issue if it is an issue?

Attachments

• Nov19#02.JPG
    Nov19#02.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 469
  • Nov19#01.JPG
    Nov19#01.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 511
Ahh, I have the same exact thing. Relax. And take that tape off.

I never noticed it on mine, and of course I just left my Sister's house where the stove now lives. I'll need to remember to check it out when I'm there next.

sydney1963 said:
Ahh, I have the same exact thing. Relax. And take that tape off.

Aint touching that tape tonight it be to hot, I bet its welded on by now!

If you are talking about a hole under the front of the stove, there are two. One on each side. They provide the air for the window airwash. They are also why you hear the moaning sound until the stove heats up.

Status
Not open for further replies.