englander start up times question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
So I tried to fire up my stove today and I think my ignitor gave me the finger. The pellets started to smolder a bit but never got hot enough to take off before they were buried by new pellets. I helped with a bit of hand sanatizer and a lighter. I finally gave a e2 code and went to shut down so I turned it back on to get it rolling since it was already burning decent from the sanatizer jump. guessing I need to ream out the hole around the ignitor and make sure its somewhat centered again?

See the thread I just started....you might want to connect your ignitor to direct 120v and see how long it takes to get cherry red.

dangit, now I have to figure how I'm going to get my fat butt behind my stove to pull it of the stove. :(

Reactions: smoke show
Propane-torch2-500.jpg

I think I see this in my future. :)

Get the MAPP torch with the self lighter. I love mine. I could care less if the ignitor works.

I think this is fine, just misaligned its also a bit bent.
This is after about 30 seconds of running.
e8yde4yr.jpg

Hello

Alignment is critical on those englander ignitors, if you push them all the way in, they block the air flow that lights the pellets! Just my experience!

the igniter in the picture is still working, although when they warp like that i cant say for how much longer, looks like it was trapping too much heat in the igniter chamber. when you reinsert it set the igniter so the tip is a little farther back from the hole in the pot to allow more air volume through the hole. see if this doesnt get you back to lighting

With new adjustments from on to flame was 6 minutes.

i checked mine earlier today when i fired mine up and it was just around 6 minutes also

Status
Not open for further replies.