Englander Stove 10CPM stirring rod stalls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlh756

Feb 27, 2009
West central Ohio
I have a question I hope someone can answer. I have a Englander Stove multi fuel 10 CPM. I have had it for 8 or 9 years.

Currently burning pellets in pellet mode the stirring rod gets hung up and won't turn. I can push the button on the control board and manually move it all day long. I can run in corn mode (5) and the rod turns just fine probably because it turns much faster. All the set screws on the gears are tight. Also I can manually move it and I can't stall it with my hand.

My question, is there a setting that will speed up the stirring rod without switching to corn mode ? I hate running this Stove in corn mode because the air pump is so loud.

Try changing the aot setting. Press last button to show air on temp setting. It should be set at 1. Change it to 3 or 4 by pressing the up buttons together. This will change the cadence of the stirrer. If you shut the stove down, change it back to 1. This changes the temperature that the fan come on. If the temp is too high and the fan doesn't come on at the correct temperature, the stove could over fire and warp. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.