Englander Stove Convection Blower #4?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcreeder

Jan 22, 2015
PA
I have an Englander 55-shpep that I purchased in 2009. I am on my 3rd or 4th convection blower. This one has lasted about half a season. It whistles and squeals once the stove heats up and especially at lower speeds. I have the fan running at full speed. Otherwise, the hi-pitched squeal is unbearable.

I hate the thought of spending another $130-$150 on a new fan assembly that will only last a few months.

Does anyone know of any alternative to the Englander motor/fan assembly - something of better quality?

First you need to install some type of heat deflector......

imag0495-jpg.120013

Here is an exact replacement convection blower with sleeve bearings. I'm on my second season testing one and it works great....

http://www.amazon.com/Smith-9492-Sh...id=1421972962&sr=8-4&keywords=ao+smith+blower

Status
Not open for further replies.