Englander stove parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JimDog

Oct 27, 2021
Windham, Me.
Looking for some suggestions as to best place to buy parts for my 55-SHP22 Englander stove. Is the Englander web site a reliable option? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Unless its something that is out of stock, I get most of my parts from Englander. No issues in 12 years.

Eric

Candidly, I did the same way back when but today it pays to shop around as Englander will charge retail.

I rarely bought parts for my old Englander direct from them. Not because of anything other than price. Englander had great customer support, but the parts were always found cheaper elsewhere. I also found the price can very for each part vendor to vendor, even for OEM parts. A combustion motor may be cheaper at one website over another, but another part may be cheaper at the first website. For Auger motors, I buy them directly from Gleason-Avery. Not only are they the best Auger motors, they are often the OEM but at a cheaper price since no middleman. Just match the RPM and rotation direction. Other parts, I just Google the part number for the part I need and shop for the best price from there. Usually there are options for both OEM and non aftermarket. Depending on the part, aftermarket may be perfectly fine, but for critical or heavily exercised or noise inducing parts like an auger motor I prefer OEM. I've even bought parts for both the Englander and Harman from Amazon if the price was right.

Ray

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Loaded question,with high shipping now,because of the economy, and how fast you need the part. I normally deal with these-
because they are in my state,and get stove parts fast,and their web site is always up to date about being in stock,However, they have grown,and now appear to own other stove parts places in other states,and can get cheaper prices from those,even though the part is ultimately shipped from the home warehouse.
I also have dealt with ESES_
and seem to always have good prices, and are probably the premiere people for St. Croix parts,and knowledge,you can call and ask them questions. But if you need something closer,this guy stocks some fast moving parts,and may have what you need, or have it drop shipped faster--
As always,never hurts to price shop,UNLESS you are in a hurry, and winter is here.

You have to watch where the drives come from, especially the cheap ones because the off shore drives are using plastic reduction gear sets and they don't last.

One thig I always do with drives is I either add a grease fitting or drill a small hole at the top front of the drive so I can grease them. Either with a grease gun or using a needle greaser on the gun. I grease them until I see grease coming out from around the input shaft where the armature goes in. That will always be a bronze bushing so the grease will ooze out there.

Grease them every spring when I shut down the unit for summer. Oil all the motors and pull the convection fan and blow that out and lube the bearings too.

I will say the silicone fan gasket really quieted down the fan harminics.

One thing is, I never need parts in a hurry because I usually buy 2 at a time and if I can get free shipping (like Amazon and I don't do Prime), I do that. Why I have a lot of spares on the shelf all the time... Don't believe I've replaced a drive or motor in years and all mine are Gleason-Avery. Shaded pole motors never wear out. The bearings do from lack of attention. The atmosphere inside the cabinet is always hot and dusty.