Englander stove problem (feeding to fast)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

95yj

Nov 12, 2007
hi just joined
i have an older englander pellet stove, i can't find the model # at all. I bought it used from a guy in the paper. its been working great for about 2 weeks now. until today, i was starting it up as usual and the pellets were to the top very very quickly and were pooring over the burn pot, and it was still doing it even after i put it on the lowest setting. if u look at the auger its always turning, i dont think it did that before.

i did a search already and couldn't find anything, and noticed a guy named mike knew alot about these.

thx for any help.

its the older model, with the control knobs instead of digital board. and it has the circle blow holes on it. and a 70lb hopper i believe.

Michael6268 said:
The bottom auger on those runs contantly. The upper auger is the one that shuts on and off.

ya talked to englander this morning, (thx again Mike!)

im gonna clean the hopper out, and vacuum it like crazy, i noticed alot of "fines" in it.

ill go from there.

seems to be working fine now, i cleaned it and ran all the pellets out of it on a "dry run"

thx again!

Is it just me or is there an abnormally large influx of ESW posters this year. I thought maybe it was a google search snow ball effect but hearth.com does not even show up on the first page of an Englander search. WEIRD. The other thing that's weird is they're all thank-you posts. Not the typical raging consumer threads we so often see with other brands.

nice to be appreciated :) it might be because i tell a lot of my customers about the site. i have even sent folks here who are shopping for stoves to perouse the posts for information. some may even be your customers as they may have been looking for a stove type i do not have. hey if i aint got what they want , that doesnt mean they should have to go without right? and in here they find dealers who obviously care about what they do as much as i do so i trust all of you to be great dealers. im pretty sure this season ive sold a couple harmans, a few quads, and at least one soapstone unit. hopefully the dealers in here were the ones who got the sales from those folks.

You do have that touch Mike! I think it's the southern accent. (We've talked on the phone numerous times over the years) I have referred countless customers here, never ran into one. I remember MSG used to run into a few customers of his from time to time. I think Rod picks up some parts sales from here naturally as well. His site is a really good resource for parts & model specific troubleshooting etc. Overall participation on this board by dealers and manufacturers is in my opinion a good thing and it's nice to show alot of potential consumers that they're not always going to have horrible service when they buy a stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.