englander stove problems any advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ulery Farm

Nov 12, 2017
Frankton, IN
When I turn on the unit it goes in to startup for 10sec then e2 then e1. Replaced vac lines and took flu apart. What's next getting cold and can't get it to run? We checked the blowers, and we jumped the vac wires nothing seems different still same out come 10 secs e2 then e1. Englander 25 pdvc

When I turn on the unit it goes in to startup for 10sec then e2 then e1. Replaced vac lines and took flu apart. What's next getting cold and can't get it to run? We checked the blowers, and we jumped the vac wires nothing seems different still same out come 10 secs e2 then e1. Englander 25 pdvc
Is the door ajar port open? They tend to plug up and will throw a E-1

thank you for the quick response!! I reviewed the DVD and operation manual, could not identify the door ajar port! Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks

thank you for the quick response!! I reviewed the DVD and operation manual, could not identify the door ajar port! Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks
Open the door and look to the right. There is a small hole inside the burn box about half way up . If you look thru the outside right vent you will see a vacuum hose that connects to the burn box. That’s the port. I usually pull the vent screen off and then the hose and poke the port with a finish nail to clear it. May not be you issue but worth a check

So I have tested the vac pumps changed the hoses the port is clear the flu is cleaned the exhaust blower is operational the air intake is clear not sure what else to look at the only other thing I am reading is check the connections. I really appreciate any advice this is at moms house and all we use to hear with.

Does that stove have a switch inside the hopper? If it does check the wiring.

Does that stove have a switch inside the hopper? If it does check the wiring.

That’s a good point . Is the top auger rotating? With the lid open empty your hopper and turn the stove on then with the lid open manually press the lid Saftey switch. The auger should rotate. But it will not rotate continuously. It will turn on and off depending on your heat setting

That’s a good point . Is the top auger rotating? With the lid open empty your hopper and turn the stove on then with the lid open manually press the lid Saftey switch. The auger should rotate. But it will not rotate continuously. It will turn on and off depending on your heat setting

I will look at the top auger but I don't think the unit will even stay running long enough to see
It literally runs for maybe 10 seconds before throwing the E 2 code

I will look at the top auger but I don't think the unit will even stay running long enough to see
It literally runs for maybe 10 seconds before throwing the E 2 code
Sounds like you may need to call the customer support number for help. I hear they are pretty good.

It appears you've checked all that comes to mind. I know you said you have checked the vacuum lines, but did you actually look at the ends to make sure there weren't any cracks? Happened to my and once i cut the hose back it was corrected and worked fine! If yes to all then Call Englander customer service! They are fantastic with troubleshooting 800-245-6489

It appears you've checked all that comes to mind. I know you said you have checked the vacuum lines, but did you actually look at the ends to make sure there weren't any cracks? Happened to my and once i cut the hose back it was corrected and worked fine! If yes to all then Call Englander customer service! They are fantastic with troubleshooting 800-245-6489
One line that always cracks on my PDV is the line that attaches to the exhaust blower. Just a thought

Reactions: jjones139