englander stove three bottom buttons

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

85swb

Nov 15, 2008
northern wi
what do they mean and what function do they perform my stove is a englander 55-shp240 the factory had me set them at low fuel feed 1 low burn air at 9 air on temp 1 what would happen if i change them having lots of problems like low air in the burn pot any help would be great

Never change the temp...1 is the setting..I have a PDV...call them...they are a great help....

called them already and thats what they had me set it at it came with all of them at 9 and still not seeming to get enough air over fills the burn pot and doesnt burn all of the pellets they say i have done my install the right way and have not been able to help me out yet so just looking for answers so that i can turn up my stove and get some real heat out of it

well, if you actually have your settings at 1-9-1, you have the absolute minimum fuel feed, and the absolute maximum amount of combustion air. you always want to leave the on air temp at 1. If I had to guess, looking at those settings, i would say you are blowing the fire out with too much air. until you can talk to Mike Holton from Englander, you're going to have to experiment with the LFF and LBA buttons. I have no experience with your model stove, but I know the defaults for most 55-shp10s and 55-shp22s is 6-4-1. i would turn the air down. Maybe try to run it on the factory defaults. as long as you leave the on air temp at 1, you can hurt anything by experimenting with the other 2 settings. good luck

Left button is auger speed. Controls how many pellets are being feed into burn pot. The higher the number the more pellets being fed.
Center button is combustion fan speed. Controls how much air is being blown into burn pot. The higher the number the hotter the pellets will burn.
The right button is room air fan switch. Sets the temp at which the blower fan turns on.

I have a 25PI(insert) ant tthey told me the factory settings were 541... I was having a lot of Klinks( hard crusty pellets left in burn pot), and using too many pellets. They had me adjust my auger speed down to 3 which is making my pellets last longer and almost elliminated my klinks, without reducing my heat output.

I was getting a busy signal when calling them, but just kept calling back. Got through and placed on hold, got in touch with a tech and he answered all my questions. He also explained my settings and gave me sugestions on what to do next if I still had problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.