Englander Stove Works need help with blower and heat range settings Please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdyoung

Jan 1, 2014
PA
Had an issue with my 25-PDV stove which involved doing a factory default on my control board. The stove is working fine now, but the reset of my control board has it in the mode that will not allow me to set my blower speed lower than the heat range and cannot set the blower to 0 or shut it off. How do I get back into the mode where the heat range and blower speed setting are separate! I've searched everywhere and cannot find the steps to change this!

Had an issue with my 25-PDV stove which involved doing a factory default on my control board. The stove is working fine now, but the reset of my control board has it in the mode that will not allow me to set my blower speed lower than the heat range and cannot set the blower to 0 or shut it off. How do I get back into the mode where the heat range and blower speed setting are separate! I've searched everywhere and cannot find the steps to change this!

See this thread:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/how-can-i-tune-my-25-pdv.105167/

Reactions: chuckdyoung
Thanks Mary! I set the stove to "D" mode and now have the functions back! I think I am good to go now with a little fine tuning! You guys are awesome!

I'm wondering why you would want to do that. The heat exchanger is most efficient with the convection blower running as fast as you can tolerate. Running with it off will just result in an overheat condition, won't it?

I have to occasionally shut the blower off. This is the 4th winter with the stove, And I have never had an issue with it overheating. I run the heat range on 1 most of the time. The stove is in my living room and I just can't run it any higher or it gets unbearably hot. It does a great job heating the house!

Thanks Mary! I set the stove to "D" mode and now have the functions back! I think I am good to go now with a little fine tuning! You guys are awesome!
I believe that D mode is for the PDVC and C mode is for the PDV. I think the biggest difference is the feed rates are higher on mode C.

Reactions: slvrblkk
Ok thanks Harvey! I might run it in "D" overnight and see how it does, then change it to "C" if needed. Maybe if I run it on D, I'll be able to run the blower more often! Appreciate it!

Prior to working on it today, a 40 lb bag lasted 18-20 hrs. I'm assuming my stove was at default mode C. Now that's it's in D mode, maybe I'll get a little more out of a bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.