Englander / Summer's Heat 25-pdvc or 55-shp10 upper augur not turning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rjr19146

Jan 29, 2015
Philadelphia
I have a 25-pdvc or 55-shp10 Pellet stove that is a little over a year old. Only used on weekends and a week here and there.

Was working great until recently the fire started to go out from not getting enough pellets. Now it seems the upper augur is not turning at all

Eliminated the motor and vacuum switches as causes as well as thermostat. The set bolts seem tight and the control panel is set at 6-4-1

What else could be causing this? I haven't tried rebooting the board - would that help?

Thanks,

Russell

Pellet jam is one.

There is no seems in set bolts need to be tight, time to make certain they are and the auger has to be aligned there is a procedure for doing that on ESW's website.

Grab ahold of the auger motor and lift upward. If you get resistance while lifting it you may very well have a Auger Jammed with pellets. Been there done that.

One other thing to check is your wiring. I ran one for about 9 years, and the wiring from the control
board to the various components was cheap aluminum, and I've a had a couple of connections
break right at the crimp on the spade connector.

Start your stove - the upper auger should begin to turn intermittently. If it doesn't, wiggle the wire,
or better yet, use one of those little jumpers with alligator clips at each end. (Radio Shack or
auto store.) You may have to replace the spade connector on the wire.

You could also try running the connections from the lower motor to the upper motor as a test.
The lower motor runs continuously, so if you switch the connections and the upper motor spins
you know your problem is with the wiring or the control panel.

I'm guessing the wiring.

-Stretch

The power was coming off the bottom Augur motor. I thought we had checked all the switches but I will recheck those and the wiring. Will switching the wires for bottom and top augur motors to see if it is a wiring issue and go from there.

If it is the Control board would a reboot possibly correct the issue? How long are control boards under warranty?

Thanks for all the help!

I switched the wires from top and bottom augurs and the bottom stopped moving and the top started turning so the wires are not the issue. Jumpered the switches but that had no effect

I reset the control board but that had no effect.

It seems like it is a bad control board. Ordered a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.