Englander/ Summers Heat Overfeeding of pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ldl

Jan 17, 2016
ct
First time this season using my 55-shpep stove.
On ignition the auger continually feeds does not pulse feed the auger and when i shut down the auger still feeds I have to lift the lid for the auger to stop and the stove to shut down.
I reset the board to factory settings and still have same result.
Have an email into england stove works.
Any thoughts I am thinking control board is shot. This is the start of season 5

Please share how your stove is set up .Do you have an OAK ,Have you checked all wiring connection ,some time the connectors do not seat correctly . Heat sensor wire tight on connection to exhaust blower body . It would be helpful to know .

Pete sometimes bugs get in the outside air pipe ,and the nest they build can choke off the air flow . No air coming in that line chokes the stove ,would send the board the wrong signal .

Ok... I see what you mean... mine came with a screen over the end of it...

Sounds like a circuit board issue alright, like transistor that feeds auger is shorted and providing continous power until circuit is interrupted via hopper switch. Can be fixed if you can find technician that knows how to trouble shoot and swap out faulty component.

Reactions: heat seeker
Please share how your stove is set up .Do you have an OAK ,Have you checked all wiring connection ,some time the connectors do not seat correctly . Heat sensor wire tight on connection to exhaust blower body . It would be helpful to know .

OAK is set up all pipes and oak cleaned, stove had major cleaning at end of last season prior to shut down.
set on on off for thermostat, Also tried non thermostat setting all with same result.

Sounds like a circuit board issue alright, like transistor that feeds auger is shorted and providing continous power until circuit is interrupted via hopper switch. Can be fixed if you can find technician that knows how to trouble shoot and swap out faulty component.
Depending on the responce from englander ,I think i will probably go the new controlller and see if it is cost effective to get the old one repaired for a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.