Englander/Summers Heat Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sly22guy

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster,PA
Ok im looking at getting a wood stove for in my living room/bar area approx 860 sq ft. Total house sqft is 2030. The house is basically a open rancher the lower level is a double garage & the 860 sq ft. lower room which has a 14x 20 open area that goes to the second floor 16ft ceiling height the walls also have 4 return vents for the furnace. (there is a 3.5ft wall in my dining room & kitchen over looking the lower level) Pretty open floor plan. My furnace is a propane force hot air.

Ok now for my question. ive been looking at the lowes 1800sq ft "summers heat" 50-SNC13LC & the home depot Englander 1500sq ft Model 13-NCH. Are these the same wood stoves? if you google summers heat it takes you to this site http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/50-snc13.html
Lowes has it as $799.00 Home Depot $1149.00 They seem to have the same specs.
I was gona go buy the summers heat from lowes. i know it is under my sq ft size but my house is super well insulated with excellent air flow. ( we havent had the heat on yet and its been 35-50 degrees out and house stays around 68 degrees.)
Just want it for a secondary source. i doubt that i will burn it all the time.

Sorry for being so long winded but i figure the more info you have the better.
Thanks
Shawn

Yep, same stoves. The online Depot price includes shipping charges. I saw one on the floor here at Home Depot yesterday for $799.

Lowe's has a nickel colored trim and Depot is gold colored. Or the other way around. 8-/

They are the same . I think the HD one you are looking at is the Eng 30 judging by the price. I have seen the 13 for 650. PM me if you want details.

Status
Not open for further replies.