Englander vs Breckwell?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caruzza

Aug 30, 2008
NYC suburbs
I have recently purchased the Englander pellet stove (1500 sq ft model from Home Depot) and the whole setup (stove and Simpson Dura Vent chimney system) cost about $1800. I came across a Breckwell pellet stove which heats 2000 sq ft and has a larger hopper capacity (and an ashbin which the Englander does not have) which I can get delivered for about $1600; it would be about $1850 total with the chimney setup. I am hoping I made the right purchase as the Englander (my brother has one and loves it - he services it himself and has had the company help him considerably at no cost) had a lot of praise and it seems Breckwell, according the posts I saw on this site, has some reliablity/customer service issues.
I have a raised ranch in the northeast and I would put it on my top level which is 1500 sq ft and well insulated. Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a newbie to this whole process.

You own the stove. Your family member loves the same stove. Advice is:

Install the sucker.

I don't know....if I was going out shopping and saw those two stoves - one with a larger output, hopper, ash pan and presumably newer design (a guess), I very well may have chosen the Breckwell. Truth is, a lot of our members have purchased Englander pellet stoves for $800 to $1200 (sales, end of season, etc.) and that puts them in a price point much lower than others on the market. It is a different thing when the price point is closer. Then you have to compare styles, warranties, capacities, etc. and make the choice based on the value for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.