Englander vs. Century

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, between the Century question and the tumbleweed photo, it's time I finally posted something... I'm in Tucson with a Century FW240007 (the slightly smaller one) installed not a moment too soon in November, and it works great so far. We haven't used tumbleweeds as kindling, but it's a thought. ;-)

We're heating an 800SF room with 11' ceilings and no insulation (1918 former neighborhood grocery) and it's doing the trick. Of course we don't exactly have severe winters.

Anywho, we ordered our Century from Home Depot online (they don't stock them out here... imagine) but would love to have gotten an in-store clearance deal, especially after learning how much the stovepipe and chimney cost. Every n00b question we've had has been asked and answered in these forums, so while customer service can be an issue in case of damage or repair, help from this community will compensate for any corporate shortcomings.

Love that Sesame Street back board ;)

Man I'm lucky I stopped at Lowes just for the heck of it. I didn't even see this thread!

If Lowes doesn't carry the Englanders, see if Home Depot does, and then see if they will match Lowe's price on the Centurys. Worked for me :coolsmile:

Some good deals to be had out there!

I don't know from actual use, but to me the Englanders looked better built/designed than the Centurys. And I bought an Englander, so I'm bias, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.