Englander's Available

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$1649 seems a little high for that model.

Sorry I don't know prices of the Englander. I was just showing the availability but as you said, "free shipping" is always relative.

strangemainer said:
$1649 seems a little high for that model.

The heating season is upon us my friend and everything from fire wood to stoves to pellets, and oil and K-!, plus L.P. and natural gas and coal has jumped on the profit making band wagon... I think one should be grateful to secure a stove and fuel this late in the season.... After all, we did see it coming for a long time so we can blame no-one but ourselves for having to pay extra at this time of year,i.e., the beginning of the heating season. I did buy my stove for a song and dance at around $500 for a new stove this past spring . The stove is an englander is a good stove for the money...for any money actually.

I saw that in the store in Rockland Ma. not two weeks ago for $1300 and change. Price gouging anyone ?

I purchased the same stove less than a year ago for $1k at Lowes.

rap69ri said:

I paid $1150 for mine 3 years ago. I'm still kicking myself for passing on one two years ago that Lowes had marked down to $750 in the spring.

Panhandler said:
rap69ri said:

I paid $1150 for mine 3 years ago. I'm still kicking myself for passing on one two years ago that Lowes had marked down to $750 in the spring.

I'm hoping there's a glut in the spring with all of the ramping up companies have done and I can score a St. Croix or Harman at a decent price.

I so wanted this to be about the EP-25 :down: I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for it. My Lowes keeps telling me the model (55-shpep) is not in their system. Awhile back I was hearing Oct 1. Alas, I guess not.

JRB,

I bought that from home depot online and paid the $1649 for it with free shipping. Then I walked in to the store and they were selling it for $1389. I called home depot customer service and after some threatening that I wanted to them to come and get the stove and that I would buy it from Lowes, they give me a gift card for the difference, so I got a ton of pellets.

FYI the lady from customer service told me that sometimes the online prices are up to 20% higher than the stores........

pakrazee said:
....FYI the lady from customer service told me that sometimes the online prices are up to 20% higher than the stores........

Nice to know for those people looking to buy from HD. I do buy online, but if something is local, I will always take a ride and look at the item in the flesh....especially something that costs in the thousands. In this case, it would have saved you some $$ initially.

BTW, I hope you were planning on buying pellets anyway, 'cause they still got your $1649. :shut:

Macman,

yeah but I bought it in July, there were none available in the stores just online, otherwise I buy from the store as well.

Yes I planned on buying pellets from them as well, actually they pissed me off caused home depot raised the price of the stove on a Friday night to $1600 but they were back ordered, on Saturday morning they were in stock, but the plan was to spend $1600 for the stove and a ton of pellets

Home Depot is probably the most reasonable store to argue with and get them to be fair and square....I didn't like them at first because it let homerowners pay the same price as contractors for materials on lumber, electric, and plumbing, windows and doors, etc.,...It hurt us real bad and we had to raise our prices because we had no mark-up on material Seems every customer was buying their own materials from home depot and expecting us to put them in. A bunch of time home depot products were substandard and seemed like they bought their sinks and toliets from the reject pile and expected us to make a silk purse out of a sows ear...BUT honestly their quality has risen...from when they first when into business. I do like Home Depot now very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.