England's 2005 Room Blower Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northerner

Jan 25, 2008
wi
Our stove is an Englander model 25 PDV/55-SHP 22E which is a 2005 that was purchased new off the retail floor a month and a half ago. This stove has been giving us some problems, but have worked through most, with the exception of one. We can not change the speed of the room blower. We previously owned an identical model in another home, and had no trouble moving the blower speed up and down according to the heat setting. This one only has one speed which is not moving the air properly and as I have not gotten a call back from the company, I am in hopes one of you can answer my question. Should our blower be able to go slower and faster? Thanks

Northerner - I would expect that the blower is multi-speed... There are buttons for it to move the blower up and down, correct? I'm not an electronics technician, but one thing you may want to check is that all of the wires are connected up to the control panel, and didn't come loose during shipping. That's really stretching it a bit, though. I would assume that the voltage to the motor is controlled by the control board itself, so it's probably not the wiring. Does anyone know if there is a "reset" button he could hit to try to clear the problem?

I would keep trying to contact ESW via phone. Mike from ESW is usually on this board and will help you out, but I haven't seen him on here this week - he may be on vacation or out of the office for some other reason...

Finished checking all the wires and they are all connected securely in their proper places. I reset the board and checked all other items such as soot build up etc., too, as long as the unit was cool. The unit is clean and once again burning ok, but the blower still only has one speed no matter what number I put it on. Thanks for the suggestions.

One other thing you could do, to test if it was the motor or the computer - Once the room blower is running, grab a voltmeter, and latch onto the two power wires that connect to the motor - Then try to adjust the blower speed using the control buttons and see if the voltage readout changes on the meter. If it does, I'd say the motor was bad, if it doesn't, it may be that whatever is controlling the voltage to the motor is the problem, from the control buttons to the computer...

Thanks for all your help ElPedro, but old problems started up again last night and we shut the unit down until we can get in contact with the company. We appreciate all your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.