Englands 25-pah & 25-ip/Timber Ridge 55 experiences with long burns.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boil&Toil

Burning Hunk
Jan 13, 2014
SW Vermont
Don't see anything in the stove reviews for the Imperial, and just one unhappy customer for the PAH. Not much good quasi-local in craiglsist.

Looking for something more in the Englands end of the price spectrum than the Harman end of it that can sit and burn (safely) without fussing for a fairly long time, which kicks me up out of the cheapest possible Englands.

The "huge ash drawer" on the Imperial sounds good, but the lower burn rate and larger hopper on the PAH would be useful, too - not to mention the lower price as a refurb at amfm. Kinda like the looks of the Imperial, though. Stunningly long life is not a huge priority - I'm hoping this will be a temporary lash-up until I get boilers (wood, pellet, or both) sorted out, and pellet venting is a heck of a lot easier to make work safely than wood-stove venting for a temporary setup. I'm definitely OK with the stated Englander concept of easy for the owner to repair.

My alternative at the moment is (eww, yuck) Electric Resistance at Green Mountain Power prices (not cheap.)

The Imperial just started shipping a few months ago. Not gonna be much user experience out there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.