Enjoying my chain saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'd say you done great, although I don't know if I am more jealous of the saw or that nice piece of Ash!

Looks like you need a longer bar now...lol

Lanning said:
Bought the Makita 64 cc saw from Depo for $180. make it into a 79 cc. It works great!

Which home depo in MN did you find it at? I've tried several times with no luck. Fortunately I bought two brand new when you could find them on ebay for $400.

Danggggg, that's nice. And to think someone is standing at a display in sears as we speak, trying to decide if that craftsman saw WITH the black case is better than the Poulan he saw at Wal-Mart. Not knocking those saws, just saying...I'd rather have yours!

Sweet! Someone with good taste in saws and wood!

Great deal, now go get a pair of chaps with the $ you saved.

Lanning said:
Bought the Makita 64 cc saw from Depo for $180. make it into a 79 cc. It works great!

I thought I did pretty good at $194. Nice find.
Mine is supposed to have a new top end, plus I already have a 79cc saw, so I'll run it as is. I used it a little yesterday and it doesn't skip a beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.