ENVIRIDGE pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

proto

Apr 8, 2009
Central MA
Hello,
I received ENVIRIDGE pellets as a replacement for pellets I had ordered not being in-stock. I as told they were a premium pellet but the pellets greatly vary in size (many well over 2 inches) which is causing my stove to jam. I haven't been able to find anything on ENVIRIDGE pellets online. They came in plain white plastic bags with no writing on them whatsoever.
Has anyone heard of or used them before?

Thanks!

This may sound like a sarcastic question but I am curious...if the bags had no writing on them, how do you know that they are Enviridge?

I could not find anything online either. I could not even get results for anything using the Enviridge keyword. Unless the name is on the bag, "Enviridge" might just be a made-up name. That or they are a small startup company or something.

[UPDATE] - I thought maybe these are made by the "ENVI" company that makes the Envi Blocks? But when I went to their site http://enviblocks.com/ and clicked on their link for their pellets, their bags are labeled as "Barefoot" pellets.

Thats a good question, the receipt that the dealer gave me said they were ENVIRIDGE pellets. I thought the same thing about ENVI blocks since the dealer I got them from (pelletsdirect.com) sells those. ButI couldn't find anything either. I feel like I got hosed as I paid for Juniata premium pellets, and got a replacement that I can't find anything about. The size of the pellets are so inconsistent (some are as long as 3 inches) that its causing my auger to lock up and pellets to stop feeding.
This was my first year with a pellet stove and didn't realize length of pellets could be a problem until I recently went back to pelletsdirect.com to look for pellets this year. Then I see a Furnace Grade Hardwood Pellet they are advertising which says the only thing keeping it from being a premium pellet is its inconsistent size.

Status
Not open for further replies.