Enviro 1200 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twalt87

Jun 4, 2016
Bc
Recently bought the enviro 1200 woodstove and have a quick question.

In the instructions it says I need 10" from the wall at the back unless I have a heatshield in which case I can go to 5"

The stove has an efficiency heat shield built into it. Does this count as towards the heat Shield required for the 5" or do I still need 10?
gCBHAIY.jpg

I believe that is 10" if you are using Doublewall black stove pipe. And if you use the top, Heat Efficiency Shield you can get it to 8" clearance, not sure about the 5" that you mentioned, unless new models have it.

What I was told by the inspector over the phone is in bc, it's normally 10" from the wall and if you have a host shield you can lower the distance by 50%. He said because my stove is equipped with a heat shield it is okayed for 5". All it says in the manual is heat shield allow for closer wall clearance depending on area

I'm just trying to see if I can verify his claim or not.

You may already know this but you'll also need floor protection. Aka hearth pad.

I know. I'm using the stove to mark out where to cut my wood flooring. Laying down cement board then tile.

Reading the manual on page 14- 11" from rear of stove singlewall, 10" doublewall and 8" if top heatshield pn 50-1088 is used (for flat top models only). Here we would advise you to go with MFR's clearances, but a local building official has final say. Ensure you get something signed by him if he says 5" is all you need with a shielded wall. The convection shell shield on back does not count as extra shielding as far as I know. I would still go with MFR's listings with a little extra for good measure. Great stove choice BTW....

The catch 22 is that you need 8" of hearth pad behind the stove. So it can't be pushed to 5

Do you know if the top heatshield is the piece in the picture? Or is it different?

I don't see the top shield in the picture, all I can tell is the back coming up over the top of the stove. The top shield is an option, it lists for 130 dollars from Enviro retail. PN 50-1088. Kinda weird, was just on Enviro's website, could not find a pic of it. Normally most options are shown at least in the brochure, but didn't see it.....

I decided not to take any chances and just went with 10". Can never be wrong with more space.

Got my flooring cut out and getting concrete board tommorow. Though I found water dmg on the floor coming from something outside my door that I have to deal with.

aM2wfKe.jpg

She's looking good Twalt. Before you know it, it'll be time to put her to use. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.