Enviro Boston 1700-C - Zero Clearance Installation - Any feedback?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nWFCall

Aug 3, 2013
PA
Has anyone installed an Enviro Boston 1700-C in a Zero Clearance type construction/installation? I've looked a quite a few ZC models and narrowed it down to the Enviro and the Napoleon NZ3000. I like the look and simplicity of the Enviro and would like to hear from anyone that did a ZC install with theirs.

Substantial price difference between the Enviro Boston 1700-C and Napoleon NZ3000 but may be worth it for the additional options with the Napoleon...? Would appreciate any feedback on either or both installs. Scottie O's install thread was very helpful and also read the other related threads about the door/gasket issue with the NZ3000.
Thank you in advance.

The price difference is easy to explain. One is an insert and one is a complete zc fireplace. They are not the same animals at all.

Thanks BrotherBart, I'll contact him direct for any feedback! Any other feedback on the Enviro Boston ZC insert regarding installation, performance, pros/cons, etc?

The insert is the same stove as the free standing one. And several people here have them and I have never heard anything but raves about them.

As to installation, that is all unique to your fireplace/chimney. Especially with a ZC.

Thanks BrotherBart, seems like all positive feedback on the Enviro 1700, looking forward to making the purchase!

i just bought the Boston 1700 as well.. being installed in 2 weeks. cant wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.