1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Enviro Boston 1700-C - Zero Clearance Installation - Any feedback?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Cap'nWFCall, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Cap'nWFCall

Cap'nWFCall New Member

Loc:
    PA
    Has anyone installed an Enviro Boston 1700-C in a Zero Clearance type construction/installation? I've looked a quite a few ZC models and narrowed it down to the Enviro and the Napoleon NZ3000. I like the look and simplicity of the Enviro and would like to hear from anyone that did a ZC install with theirs.

Substantial price difference between the Enviro Boston 1700-C and Napoleon NZ3000 but may be worth it for the additional options with the Napoleon...? Would appreciate any feedback on either or both installs. Scottie O's install thread was very helpful and also read the other related threads about the door/gasket issue with the NZ3000.
    Thank you in advance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    The price difference is easy to explain. One is an insert and one is a complete zc fireplace. They are not the same animals at all.
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
  4. Cap'nWFCall

Cap'nWFCall New Member

Loc:
    PA
    Thanks BrotherBart, I'll contact him direct for any feedback! Any other feedback on the Enviro Boston ZC insert regarding installation, performance, pros/cons, etc?
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    The insert is the same stove as the free standing one. And several people here have them and I have never heard anything but raves about them.

As to installation, that is all unique to your fireplace/chimney. Especially with a ZC.
  6. Cap'nWFCall

Cap'nWFCall New Member

Loc:
    PA
    Thanks BrotherBart, seems like all positive feedback on the Enviro 1700, looking forward to making the purchase!
  7. brakatak

brakatak Member

Loc:
    SE Mass.
    i just bought the Boston 1700 as well.. being installed in 2 weeks. cant wait.