Enviro Cabello 1700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've put a couple of them in for customers, and so far every body been happy with them. It's basicly just a 1700 kodiak with a few minor changes. The biggest being that the fan sits outside of the firebox housing and requires that you have a larger than normal fireplace opening to centre the unit within the masonry fireplace.

Reactions: hwdemers
I Like the look of them. So with the fan sitting outside I'm assuming that would make it easier to change out a fan? I'm needing a large unit that has fairly long burn times. I had a dealer in my area recommend a Napoleon 1402 but after reading about it I don't think I would be happy with the burn times. I travel a good bit and don't want my wife to have to wake up and make a new fire. Folks are saying that 5-6 hrs is about all you will get with the Napoleon. I'd like to have 8-10

I'm with ya, there's nothing worse than waking up to a bed of ash. I just pulled the trigger on the Kodiak 1700 insert and I've heard all good things about enviro in general. This new insert is a suprise for hubby. We've been talking about getting an insert after this apocalyptic winter. Hopefully he will come home from sea to a beautiful crackling fire. And a warm house!

I have this in the 1200 fire box is a little small for overnight burns! Would of liked the 1700 but it would not fit. I do like the look of the Boston it sits out about six inches, I m guess you would get some radiant heat from it which you don't get with the flush insert.
This was my second winter in the house, first year we spent over $3500 on heating oil! Last year we spent under $800
Just make sure you get a block off plate! Mine is on an internal chimney so did not which I do regret slightly.
I'm looking forward to winter just to play tetras with the fire!
I'm happy with the 1200 so you should be great with the 1700

Status
Not open for further replies.