Enviro ef2 not venting at all laxy flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karayj

Jun 5, 2008
Franklin
I have notice my window geting back real fast so today i saw a lazy flame asn the pellets over filling wll when I moved the vent bar there was not change . When is it ans waht can I do to fix it ? the bar is moveing fine the vacum tube is connected,,

Hi Karayj, the number one cause for lazy flame is air flow issues. When is the last time the innards of the stove and venting got a good cleaning?

By innards I meant the internal exhaust path of your stove and other cracks or crevices where ash can build up and restrict air flow including the venting. Most stove manufactures recommend this type of cleaning after every ton of pellets burned. Usually when burn issues arise this is good place to start.

If they allow you to access areas of your stove that should be regularly cleaned then yes. I only meant " innard" to mean inside the stoves areas that you don't normally see.

Karayj, I mean no offense but it sound like a deep cleaning may be a bit more then you want to tackle. There is a section in the stoves manual titled routine cleaning and maintenance. Read it over and see what you think. Maybe you would consider having the stove professionally cleaned.

I think what Mr. Spock is referring nicely to is that parts of the interior of most stoves have to be removed for a thorough cleaning, and internal passageways in the stove must be cleaned. Every brand is different, but there are lots of Enviro owners here who can give you specifics. But, you must be willing to do some work and probably get dirty in the process, as well as have a good vacuum that can handle the ash and dust, and probably a few brushes to loosen the ash.
A lazy flame usually indicates that the airflow through the stove is insufficient, due to blockage of the aforementioned passages. Continuing to run the stove like that is not a good idea at all.
I agree that reading your manual carefully about the cleaning process is an excellent idea, whether you do the cleaning or someone else does it.

Reactions: Mr. Spock
karayj,

The Two circle plates you mentioned are just the tip of the berg when it comes to cleaning your EF-2.

Read your manual, It shows where and what needs to be cleaned.

Here is the link to the manual
http://www.enviro.com/images/manual...2 Instruction EF2 Domestic Owner's Manual.pdf

Cleaning starts on Page 8.

It is a dirty job and plan accordingly.
I used to do my full "Deep Clean" in about 2 hours
You should do a "Deep Clean" after every ton (50 bags) of pellets

Gaskets are also an important part of the air system.
Search this site for "Dollar Bill Test" to give you idea

We are here and can help, so ask any questions you may have.

Good Luck, Your stove will love you for it,
---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.