Enviro EF2 owners: do you ever actually run you stove all the way in the "red zone?"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarton

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2014
Pelham, NH
I turned my stove up all the way to check the draft with a magnehelic gauge, and was more than a little intimidated by the size of the flame. The draft is perfect, at .13 but I didn't dare leave the stove running that high for more than 5 minutes. Am I being too cautious? It's nowhere near cold enough to need that much heat yet, but I have to wonder if it's realistic to run the stove that hot. I've had the stove for less than a week, as you might have guessed.

If you run it in the red zone for to long the stove will over heat and flip the overheat switch
Then shut down and you will not be able to restart until the sensor is reset .
Read your manual !

I've read the manual, which does not state that running in the red zone will cause the stove to overheat. I wondering what people's real-world practices and experiences are.

Status
Not open for further replies.