Enviro EF2 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairtriger

Dec 17, 2009
SW Missouri
Greetings to all, I have been reading some of the Q&A in this forum and I'm impressed with the conversation also how well the questions are responded to. I am looking at an Enviro EF2 pellet stove that is one year old. The folks are moving and won't be able to take it with them. Never had any experience with a pellet stove. Is this a good reliable model? I want to use it in my basement for those cold days when the heat pump is not efficient. If anyone has any experience with one of these stoves would you please share it with me. Thanks, and have a great evening. :)

I paid $100.00 for mine 3 years ago very used at the end of some guys driveway. It is an EF-2 Freestanding built in 2000.

I cleaned it out, installed a hearth for it, vented it with Duravent, had it inspected, and proceeded to save about $800.00 of the fist years heating bill.

The second year I saved way more due to the price of Home Heating Oil.

This year, it is about a draw so far for savings as Oil is running in the $2.30-$2.60 range. And pellets are running in the $250-$300 / ton range.

I like the pellets better but it is way easier to just dial up the thermostat on the Oil heater. Right now I am burning pellets to save the 200 gallons of oil for further into the heating season if needed.

I don't know what price you are looking at but My EF-2 is a great stove.

Very basic in design (so not much to go wrong) no expensive control boards, and easy to operate. Like I said, I love mine.

It heats the living area of my 1000 sf cottage style house on Cape Cod.

For me it was a good deal.
Since I owned it, I replaced,
The Fire box liner (original was warped badly) since straightened and able to re-use.
Combustion Blower and shroud. Original was worn out.
Lower Auger bushing (actually re-shaped it as it was worn)

That is it.

Quick clean every 3-4 days
Deep clean every ton and end of season
Tweak it daily to have something to play with.

Good Luck with your decision,
---Nailer---

Thanks Nailer, I appreciate the info. They will sell for 800.00. About 1/2 price or maybe a little less I think of a new one. The premium pellets in this are about 190-200 a pallet (that is a ton I believe). The ice took out our power for a period of time the past two winters and I belive a small generator would run this stove fine. I wasn't sure about the quality of the equipment. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.