Enviro EF3 Auger Jammed!!!!!!!!!!!How do I remove Auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firedon

Oct 3, 2009
Putnum County, New York
Ok so the guy who installed my stove messed up. And no I cant call him because he is out of biz. SO i need to remove auger asap because i got water into stove and rusted auger. Jammed it shut over summer. How or can i remove auger on this stove.

Please help

Thank you,
Chris

Have you taken off the auger cover inside the hopper to see if you can free the auger up?

Once you have the motor disconnected, can you turn the auger by hand to free it? or can you just slide it out from the back?

I have the same problem on my Enviro EF3 (purchased around 2005), with a slight variation. I have some bad pellet material jammed in my auger. I know the motor is getting power and will turn. I am trying to disconnect the motor from the auger and I can't figure out how to do it. I HAVE read the manual and don't see anything there that helps. I have removed the four bolts that hold the motor to the bottom of the hopper and the larger square bolt that goes into the collar that is located roughly where the auger meets the motor. Is there a trick to getting the motor to seperate from the auger itself? I figure if I can get them disconnected I can pull the auger back and clear the jam.... any help appreciated...

OntarioBill said:
I have the same problem on my Enviro EF3 (purchased around 2005), with a slight variation. I have some bad pellet material jammed in my auger. I know the motor is getting power and will turn. I am trying to disconnect the motor from the auger and I can't figure out how to do it. I HAVE read the manual and don't see anything there that helps. I have removed the four bolts that hold the motor to the bottom of the hopper and the larger square bolt that goes into the collar that is located roughly where the auger meets the motor. Is there a trick to getting the motor to seperate from the auger itself? I figure if I can get them disconnected I can pull the auger back and clear the jam.... any help appreciated...

Doesn't that stove have an auger cover? The manual indicates it does, if so there should be some screws holding it on. Frequently the cover may have a sealant that stops gases from exiting, but sometime there isn't any sealant. Removing the cover should expose most of the auger and allow access to any set screws that hold the auger shaft and auger motor shaft together.

I downloaded the manual and didn't see an auger cover listed as a part, the cover should be inside the hopper if it exists, if there isn't a cover call Enviro and talk to a tech..

The Auger cover is in one piece or is welded to the hopper. The hopper is riveted to the main frame. I see no way of getting it apart. I do have access to the motor... guess I'll call Enviro... thanks!

unplug stove
remove rear panel
remove auger set screw and terminal leads and remove motor
remove the four bolts holding the auger mouting plate
as you pull the pl,ate down the auger may start to come with it.
i use a wooden rod and hammer the auger down to free it up sometimes and it will come out the bottom
vacuum out the tube
do not use lubrication, however, if you want to remove rust etc... some WD40 and brass brushes will work
dry out the tube and reinsert everything.
while you have the plate out, inspect the brass bushing to see if it is worn
they like to grind away on the EF2 and EF3bi
goodluck

FireDon said:
Ok so the guy who installed my stove messed up. And no I cant call him because he is out of biz. SO i need to remove auger asap because i got water into stove and rusted auger. Jammed it shut over summer. How or can i remove auger on this stove.

Please help

Thank you,
Chris

Have you tried using a coat hanger from the front of the stove up the shut? works for me. Don't have to remove a thing.

When I remove the set screw the motor does not come away from the shaft. It remains attached to the auger... I had already removed the 4 bolts holding the plate. I will try putting them back in to see if it gives me any more leverage.... I've been reluctant to apply to much force but maybe it needs a whack with a mallet? Thanks for your advice

I have been having the same problem this year with my EF2...3 times the auger jammed up. i thought it was just the pellets doing it...this brass bushing could ned to be replaced ? this is only my thirs season burning with it. Thanks!

Mine has run fine for about 5 years of pretty heavy use and I am pretty sure that the problem I have now is just bad pellets (some of the bags were not sealed or were compromised and pellets absorbed moisture. then they "clump" and the clumps can jam... ) this is my theory! I will post again when this is all resolved...
bp

FireDon said:
so the sleve the auger sits in is two pieces...only one problem. There welded together.
How in the world do you take this aprat haha.

Hey Don, can you take some pics of the auger connections, etc and post them here....pics always seem to help.

OntarioBill said:
When I remove the set screw the motor does not come away from the shaft. It remains attached to the auger... I had already removed the 4 bolts holding the plate. I will try putting them back in to see if it gives me any more leverage.... I've been reluctant to apply to much force but maybe it needs a whack with a mallet? Thanks for your advice

Use a claw hammer or pry bar to leverage the motor away from the plate. Whatever you do...DO NOT hammer the motor. It is zinc and will dent or break. It can be a tight fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.